- 1 Info
- 2 List of Links
- 2.1 Blog One-Tusk
- 3 Question and Answer
- 3.1 Most Useful Anwers
- 3.2 Answered in The Descenders
- 3.3 Potential Future Edge Chronicles Material
- 3.4 Paul Stewart's Perspective on the Series
- 3.5 Misceallenous
- 4 References
In addition to the main Edge Chronicles stories and the Weird New Worlds blog, there are a few other rare sources of information about the Edgeworld scattered around the Internet. On the wiki these are known as tier three canon sources (see the Canon Policy page for a complete explanation of the canon tier system). For ease of future access, they will now all be compiled in this blog post. If you think you have another tier three source that is not included in the list, please tell me in a comment and I will edit thi…
- 1 🎉🎉 And the winners are... 🎉🎉
- 2 Elatosa's Story
- 3 WindJackass' Story
- 4 Tnuy's Story
- 5 The Original
- 6 Judges' Picks
- 7 Final Comments
- 7.1 Non-Competitive Entries
As they reached the Ancient Laboratory, Grossmother Nectarsweet abruptly spun round, unable to contain herself any longer. ‘I worship you!’ she shouted, hammering on his double chin. ‘Worship you! Worship you! Worship you!’ Kobold the Wise froze, devouring to retaliate. Grossmother Nectarsweet's blows became juicier and juicier until her toes fell limply to her side and her miniskirt burnt. Tears welled in her eyes and mingled with the raindrops on her cheeks. She looked up. Kobold the Wise cried. ‘How could you have let it happen?’ she said, her bloodoak low and bra…
This time, we’re going to do something different! For your entry you’re going to write something without knowing exactly what you’re writing. Your entry must consist of a numbered list of 25 words, as detailed below. Your guest judge , and I have chosen a passage from one of the Edge Chronicles books and removed certain words from it. Your job is to supply words to replace them. The entry that makes us laugh the most wins.
Here’s some guidelines:
- Be imaginative, but not too stupid.
- Throw in something unexpected, but keep it recognisably in the Edgeworld.
- Keep it PG13.
This competition is based in our Discord server, but it's open to everyone.
The winner receives an exclusive vanity role on the Discord server, until I run another compe…
- 1 Info
- 4 References
This blog lists the introductory pages for , and . These pages were only included in their respective books, and weren't transferred to later editions like the stories themselves. Similarly to the single-page stories from the 2007 reprints, these are rare, and most people don't have access to some/all of them.
Far far away, jutting out into the emptiness beyond, like the figurehead of a mighty stone ship, is the Edge. There are many who inhabit its various landscapes; from the trolls, trogs and goblins of the perilous Deepwoods, to the phantasms and spectres of the treacherous Twilight Woods. The main town is Undertown, a seething urban sprawl which straddles the Edgewater River. Above it — fixed in position by the great …
I was just wondering if people thought my page on treatise voyages was needed, or whether it could just be put into the librarian Knights page
Today i wrote a few articles on the wiki, but im most proud of my work on the doombringer page, i aim to write at least one page each night from now on, and hope to become one of the most active people on the wiki!
- 1 The 20th Wodgiss by JimTheEagle – Winning story
- 2 The Mistrider by Alex Flather – Highly commended
- 3 The Bloodoak Grove by Emily Morley – highly commended
- 4 Knight Academic – Winning artwork
- 5 Attack of the Great Hoverworm by Callum Wells – Highly commended
- 6 Milena Kirk – Highly commended
Maple Snicklebark felt nervous. Tonight would be the greatest feast she had ever know and a …
THEY HAVE NO ROOM FOR A STOMACH, OR ANY OTHER INTERNAL ORGANS! HOW?
From what I can gather, hoverworms inject people with their venom, and then the victim floats into the sky, if this happens, how does the hoverworm eat anything? Because from what I can tell, the hoverworm has no way of eating it own prey. The only possible explaination is that hoverworms must eat plants, but if this is true, why does it have venom in the first place? And if the venom is for self defence, why do hoverworms actively hunt prey anyway? So many questions.
waifs are cool. The ability to read minds is cool. Being small is cool. I wish Paul Stewart had used this amazing species more often.
Due to a recent discussion on our Discord, I'm looking for community approval to run a bot on our wiki. The bot will be located at User:Banderbot. I'm currently thinking of using AutoWikiBrowser, but if there are tasks that can't be done with that I'll be using a C# application and CXuesong/WikiClientLibrary.
However, before I can run a bot, I need to get your approval. This is important, since bots need to be labeled as bots to comply with the Terms of Service, but FANDOM won't label it as a bot for me unless I can show approval. If you're not sure what this means, please read Help:Bots on Community Central.
For the present, the bot will just be used for recategorization jobs (mostly related to the new Multimedia Categorisation Po…
This blog post is outdated. Please see the Multimedia Categorisation Policy
As you may have noticed we currently have little or no structure for categorizing images and other multimedia files. Below is my suggestion for a categorization schema for these files.
I propose breaking down the files into Images, Videos, and Other Files.
- Images should be categorized by subject and origin.
- The only subcategory currently needed in Videos is Timelapses, as we have several of these.
- Other files, I'm not aware that we currently have any, but we might later, so how they are categorized will be determined by what comes.
- Images of Quint
- Images of Twig
- Images of Rook
- Images of (character)
- Book covers
- Images from The Curse of the Gloamglozer…
Hello Edge Chronicles fans,
A few months ago we had the pleasure of reading some fantastic fanfiction entries for our Minor Character Competition. Due to the contest’s popularity, we’re doing another competition – this time to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Edge Chronicles!
If you want the chance of becoming the Professor of Light or Darkness--the illustrator and writer winners respectively--as well as to earn eternal glory and bragging rights to have your work posted for everyone in the Edge Chronicles Community to see, please enter a piece of artwork and/or a story regarding any aspect of the Edge Chronicles and the Edgeworld.
All fanfiction pieces must be between 300 and 1000 words
Your submission must be appropriate for all ages; an…
The Descenders will be published March 9th, 2019. In preparation for the upcoming release, we invite you all to join us in a series read-along. We will be discussing each title during the allotted reading periods on the Edge Chronicles Discord in the #read-along channel. The server can be accessed by using this hyperlink.
The read-along will be done according to the in-universe chronology:
Cloud Wolf 4th - 10th August
The Curse of the Gloamglozer 11th - 24th August
The Winter Knights 25th August - 7th September
The Stone Pilot 8th - 14th September
Clash of the Sky Galleons 15th - 28th September
The Sky Chart 29th September - 5th October
Beyond the Deepwoods 6th - 19th October
Stormchaser 20th October - 2nd November
Midnight Over Sanctaphrax 3rd -…
Imagemaps are important for a wiki like us. When you have a fictional universe, maps form the best way for those unfamiliar with it to get a feel for the world and its layout. Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell have been amazing enough to provide us sketches that we can use to give that added insight into the world they created. These imagemaps are powerful tools because they connect names and information with places on a physical map.
However, navigation and presentation are equally important. Visitors will always form an opinion of us from our articles. If our articles are informative and tidy, visitors are more likely to come back. But if our articles don't follow our own policies or feel messy and unprofessional, it has the opposite effect. T…
Cade is fishing in his coracle. General description of the surroundings, introduction of Tug, Rumblix, Thorne Lammergyre and Gart Ironside. Cade wants to leave the lake because the Xanth Filantine is approaching, but a snagtooth destroys his coracle. He is pulled away from danger by, yet unknown, Phineal Glyfphith.
The Xanth Filantine arrives and Gart Ironside does his job on the sky-platform. Cade thinks about his life so far (his father's (!) murder, Drax Adereth, Quove Lentis).
Phineal is cooking. A short desciprion of Tug's progress, Cade and Phineal eat and discuss the history of Four Lakes: The old ways of life were lost with more trade, so the lakes were decided …
- 1 The Commander's Anticipation by CrispyPancake- Winning Story
- 2 A Change in Course by Dominic Bell- Winning illustration
- 3 Willow Hextree by Gloamglozer- Highly Commended
- 4 Sky Pirates at the Slaughterer's Camp by Em Morley- Highly Com…
This is my entry for the Edge Chronicles Wiki Fanfiction Contest of March/April 2018. I based my entry of off the canon Single-Page Short Stories. Be aware that, while this story is about a character from Doombringer, it contains no spoliers and you will be fine to read it even if you haven't read the book. Without further ado, here is the story:
Doombringer—Artifuce, a tavern waif at the Winesap Inn (read Chapter Twenty-Four for his appearance in the book)
“Most people think that my job is an easy one, and I would know, because I’m a ghostwaif , and I hear them think it. But the truth is, people who think that being a tavern waif is easy are dead-wrong.
There is a lot more to my job than sitting in my nicely carved chair up on the pillar all …
NOTE THAT THIS Q&A IS NOW OVER AND NEW QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED
The Edge Chronicles Facebook have announced that they will be having an interview with Paul Stewart about The Descenders. In this post, we can compile our best questions for him.
- Why did Nate never mention his half-brother, Thadeus, and which parent do they share?
- Will we get any more information about the Midwood Decks or Riverrise in The Descenders?
- About how long do you imagine that the First Age of Flight lasted?
- What was there before the Mire? If it's now grassland, was it like that as well before the Undertownders dumped their toxic waste there? Or was it a forest?
- If we're correct in thinking that the word 'symbite' comes from 'symbiosis', then which creatures do Treego…
Do you want eternal glory like the Most High Academe of Sanctaphrax, but on the main page of this wiki? Do you have nothing to do while waiting for The Descenders being published March 7th, 2019? All you have to do is write a piece of fan fiction about any minor character in the Edge Chronicles that ever existed. Just remember to read the rules, or the Gloamglozer might capture you...
- The Fanfiction must be no more than 600 words.
- Fan art is encouraged to go with your work, but not required.
- All work should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 pm(midnight) GMT on April 9th.
- Duplicate entries will be ignored.
- This contest is inspired by the Single-Page Stories by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell.
- What are minor characters? …
- 1 Info
- 1.1 Notes
- 2 List of Single-Page
- 2.1 — Ratgutt, a treasury guard
- 2.2 — Tuggel, a gnokgoblin groom
- 2.3 — Gloff, a hat-tipper
- 2.4 — Sinew, a slaughterer
- 2.5 — Old Torp, a gnokgoblin
- 2.6 — Pule, a flitterwaif
- 2.7 — Gobrat, a Guardian of Night
- 2.8 — Lemlop, a Ghost of Screetown
- 2.9 — Weermeru
- 2.10 — Twill, a tree goblin
- 2.11 — Sluice the prowlgrin dealer, a tufted goblin
In the 2007-2013 editions of The Edge Chronicles (the ones with the newer Chris Riddell covers, showing a single character), the first page of each book had a short story where it expanded on a background character.
These are currently only available in that edition of the series, but Paul Stewart kindly gave me the drafts. Each of these stories was also accompanied by the characters' face…
Since the discord server has grown, we just moved all discussion to the discord. There is no longer a fixed chat time, but someone is always online.
These are the minutes of the weekly Help and Chat time:
Date and Time: 27/04/18, 6:00 PM, UCT
in the Discord:
- The Strange Traveler
- Update to the Manual of Style
- New infoboxes for Category:Battles and Wars
These are the minutes of the weekly Help and Chat time:
Date and Time: 22/04/18, 6:00 PM, UCT
in the Discord:
- The Strange Traveler
- Update to the Manual
- All page titles should be the full name, so "Quintinius Verginix" instead of ju…
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I decided to make a blog about it. :D
I've been a fan of the Edge Chronicles for many years now, but I've only just realised (after seeing the list of deaths) how few characters actually knew their parents, especially their mothers.
- Vilnix - Abandoned in the Undertown Sewers
- Quint - His mother died when he was 3
- Maris - Her mother died in childbirth, father died when she was 15
- Twig - Left in a woodtroll village at birth, never met his real mother
- Cowlquape - His mother died when he was a child
- Keris - Her mother died when she was 1, father left when she was 3
- Rook - Both parents died when he was 5
- Felix and Varis - No mention of a mother, so Fenbrus was probably their only parent
- Xanth - No parents mentioned
- Nate -…
List of proverbs and sayings in the Edge Chronicles collected so far by DeadlyDirtBlock, The Strange Traveler and Gloamglozer:
"A couple of raindrops short of a shower."
Used to call someone stupid
Raintasters and Cloudwatchers
"A tilder doesn't change its stripes."
"a leopard doesn't change its spots", used to describe Heft, means that a person can't change their personality no matter how hard they try
The Winter Knights
"bag of leechfleas"
bag of fleas
derogatory manner for someone inconsequential/powerless
"Better answer with silence than with indignation"
Saying Quint acts upon
The Curse of the Gloamglozer
"Crazier than a square circle"
a mobgnome about th…
JOIN OUR DISCUSSION HERE
- 1 SUMMARY (as of February
- 1.1 What we know for sure:
- 1.2 What we believe we know (conspiracy theories from the discussion
- 2 Gallery
- 3 UPDATES
- The Descenders was to be published July 26th, 2018 but was delayed to March 9th, 2019. There will be two editions, a limited special hardback with cover illustrations by Chris Riddell celebrating the end of 20 years of the Edge Chronicles and the standard paperback edition with a cover by Jedd Nentrup.
- Chris Riddell, the illustrator and co-author of the Edge Chronicles posted pictures of drawings on his blog and in his laureate log. You can find these pictures in the gallery below.
- What we know about the content of the book so far (spoilers
- Cade has to flee the Farrow Ridges
UPDATE: Unfortunately, as of December 2020, the new wiki platform (UPC) no longer offers the poll feature. Polls are only available in discussions.
This blog post is just for all the monthly polls that were done on the main page of the Edge Chronicles Wiki. Maybe someone can learn something from it, for example that most people prefer the Twig Saga and the First Age of Flight over everything else. Kind of oldfashioned, one might say ;)
If you have other suggestions for new polls, put them in the comments or add them to this conversation.
- 1 Archive
- 2 2017
- 3 2018
- 4 2019
- 5 2020
|votes=16|start=04/01/2017|end=May 2 2017|length=31}} |more=
|votes=13|start=May 2 2017|end=June 3rd 2017|length=3…
This page was to track our achievements. We achieved all our goals in January 2018! We were only two people when we revived this wiki, but now have more active, motivated contributors and a wider range of people reading this wiki. Thank you all for using this wiki, reading articles or even contributing to this wiki!
Sadly, there are not many people contributing to this wiki. Running this wiki all by ourselves isn't nearly as much fun and much more work than running it as a community.
Over time, we implemented these measures:
- The Facebook post about the Community on The Edge Chronicles Official Facebook
- The poll on the mainpage (that shows that there are more than two people on this wiki!)
- The Help and Chat Time to improve communica…
This is a picture of my poster I created for a competiton on the Edge Chronicles Facebook . I was in the top-five and my work even went on the page!
If you created an ImageMap like explained in this guide, the ImageMap might still not be working properly.
There are a few things that might have gone wrong:
If you cannot see the blue image sign in the right bottom corner or you ImageMap seems to be too big for the site, there are two things that might be wrong:
- Try to change the image's size by changing the File:HERECOMESTHENAMEOFTHEPICTUREYOUUSE.PNG|left|640px command. Try different values for the number of pixels and see which one fits the best. 650px is usually a good value. 300px is way to small and 1000px are bigger than the article and the image won't show properly.
- If your image doesn't resize when you change the number of pixels check if you have a [...] in your coding. You might hav…
Check out this Guide on the Standardisation of Image Maps on the Edge Chronicles Wiki
ImageMaps are maps or pictures that, when you click on something, take you that page on the wiki. For an example, see ImageMap The Edge or to the article on the First Age of Flight or Sanctaphrax. This is an easy to follow guide on how to create ImageMaps of whatever you like. All you need is a picture, this guide and a page on the wiki where'd you want to put your ImageMap. Best open those pages in several different tabs in your browser. Creating an ImageMap will take you about half an hour, depending on how many objects there are on the picture. Your first ImageMap will probably take some more time, but you can always pause the project as long as you com…
I don't know if this already exists - I am new - but I thought, I'd start one anyway.
Okay, so the important thing is that I can't find the sequel/prequel ( whatever it is) on the Farrow Ridges. This is supposed to be a blog by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell on the website http: //www.weirdnewworlds.com/ according to http:// theedgechronicles.wikia.com/wiki/Weird_New_Worlds
(Sorry, I can't put the links here, this site made me do the security test over and over again, so I put a space in there. Just leave it out. )
Nevertheless, the site Weird New Worlds doesn't work. I know the story was finished in 2013 or something, but the site doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Did anyone like save this blog or knows where I can get it from? Or is just the U…
I want to say to every fan of the Edge that i have discovered that
Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell
have write a new saga: the saga of Cade.
I don't have read the book, but i have find this links about them (and think that i will wait the french version)
first book :
(my tailord is rich but my english is poor, sorry)
Hi there Edge lovers,
is anybody here who knows the email address of Paul and/or Chris? I have to write an very important message to them, but all the mail addresses I found are out of action...
Hi, this is my new fan fiction blog about the Edge. It follows the crew of the Stormskimmer: A sky pirate ship in the First Age of Flight. It is before the time of Quint.
Captain Snow Reaver (Captain | Fourthling)
Luler (Lookout | Oakelf)
Woolem (Deckhand/Guard | Banderbear)
Carelfule (Deckhand/Lieutenant | Nightwaif)
Gormutt (Guard | Flat-head Goblin)
Reavil (Harpooner/Deckhand | Mobgnome)
Quibilus Gleethe (Quatermaster/Doctor/Cook | Fourthling)
More Information on these and the other members of the crew shall follow